Welcome to my new and returning visitors!
I am a writer. That is, i have a compulsion to write. It keeps me sane, although sometimes i go overboard and write too much.
I have self-published two books. One, Steel Decks and Glass Ceilings, was published in August 2022 and is available in trade paperback and the eBook version. I published Pocket of Resistance a book of poetry in 2014, which is available as a trade paperback or hard cover. For more information about both books and links to order your copy you may go to the books section or hit the links here. You may also have a signed copy by contacting me via (link to best means to contact me)
My blog posts which have been the mainstay of this website for at least a dozen years, are still here, and i plan for them to continue. I am preparing to write a serialized book here, like Charles Dickens and several others in that era in magazines, entitled Tales of the Sea and Me. This will be a compilation of sea stories and my experiences throughout my Navy career.
The current post will begin on this page below, with a link to “the rest of the story,” as Paul Harvey would say.
Most Recent Post
- A Tale of the Sea and Me (For Sam) – part 7i finished this as Maureen and i are belatedly winging to Boston for a weekend in Newport, Rhode Island and with friends and family in Boston and Vermont, a tale unto itself. The last section of this post has been written about before, notably in my book Steel Decks and Glass Ceilings. But it is … Continue reading A Tale of the Sea and Me (For Sam) – part 7
- A Tale of the Sea and Me (For Sam), Part 6This is the real part 6 of my serial book. i hope i haven’t confused too many folks with my gaffe. i was beginning to get the hang of being on a Navy ship. i don’t recall how it happen but i befriended a petty officer, a second class cook. He was one of the … Continue reading A Tale of the Sea and Me (For Sam), Part 6
- Notes from the Southwest Corner – 011: ChangeThis was published around Christmas time quite a while ago, the day before 2008. i chose to publish it now, as it is in chronological order of the earlier efforts to recapture my time with my hometown newspaper. It also addresses change. Lebanon has changed since i wrote this column. It has grown. It is … Continue reading Notes from the Southwest Corner – 011: Change
- The Rule of the RallyThe only way to make up for being lost is to make record time while you are lost.
- Chisholm’s Second CorollaryIf you explain so clearly that nobody can misunderstand, somebody will.